Ipswich: Town star Paul Taylor in court for pub assault
IPSWICH Town footballer Paul Taylor has appeared in court today charged with a late-night assault at a pub.
Taylor, 25, attended a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court along with Jodie Twitchett and Olatunde Ademuyiwa, both 24.
Taylor, of Ashton Close, Rendlesham, and Ademuyiwa, of Beech Way, Liverpool, are charged with wounding Shaun Grey while Ademuyiwa and Twitchett, also of Ashton Close, each face one count of battery in relation to Gary Harper.
Mr Harper and Mr Grey were both working as doormen at the Robert Ransome pub in Tower Street, Ipswich, on October 16 last year when the alleged assaults took place.
No pleas were entered and Taylor and Ademuyiwa were told that their wounding charge would be dealt with at Ipswich Crown Court at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
They must return to the magistrates’ court on May 13 for a committal hearing.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder