Ipswich: Traders urged to get into Christmas spirit
Organisers of a Christmas market are encouraging traders to get involved and book a stall.
The Fore Street Market is being held to re-launch the area after it was blighted by months of roadworks and road closures.
Organised by Ipswich Events and the borough council, the event will act as a rallying cry for the people of Ipswich to return to the historic area of town.
The market, on Sunday, December 9, will see traditional yuletide items go on sale, including decorations, festive food, toys and accessories.
It will also be a chance for residents to get Christmas presents including clothing, crafts, handmade jewellery and glassware.
You may also want to watch:
Jay Harvey, who is helping to organise the event, urged traders to get involved. He added: “A programme of festive entertainment is planned for the event and stallholders are strongly encouraged to join in with the festivities by wearing their best Christmas outfit.”
Business owners previously spoke out in The Ipswich Star, pleading with the council to help them re-launch the area after their takings were hit during the lengthy roadworks by National Grid. The work to replace the gas pipes around Fore Street, Eagle Street, Upper Orwell Street and Orwell Place meant road closures were in force between April and mid-October.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
Anyone wanting to get a stall should fill in an application at www.ipswichevents.co.uk
For further information call Jay Harvey on 07731991669 or e-mail email@example.com
How do you think Fore Street should be re-launched? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org