Ipswich: Travel Ipswich work on schedule
- Credit: Archant
As the latest phase of the Travel Ipswich programme gets under way, bus passengers are getting to grips with amended routes in the town centre.
Part of Falcon Street and Dogs Head Street are closed to traffic as work moves closer to the Old Cattle Market bus station.
That has forced buses to change their routes – and there will be more changes in the spring when work moves on to the bus station itself.
Meanwhile, work on Star Lane and Foundation Street is continuing, and traffic going around the docks is also being disrupted by the end of construction work on the new Premier Inn which is now nearing completion.
The work on the Civic Drive roundabout – the largest single project of the Travel Ipswich programme – remains on schedule and is due to be completed by the end of April.
Ipswich Buses managing director Malcolm Robson said his passengers and staff were getting used to the changes, but there could be some delays as routes had to change.
Once work on the Old Cattle Market bus station is completed in the late spring, construction workers will move to the Tower Ramparts.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
There will be more changes aimed at improving access for buses and passengers.
n Is Travel Ipswich making it easier to get around the town? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org