Ipswich: Two arrested after caravan arson
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger after a fire at a caravan.
Police are appealing for information after the fire in a caravan and a car at a home in Nacton Road in Ipswich in the early hours of Friday.
An occupant at the property awoke around 2.50am to find the caravan and car ablaze.
He alerted other members of his family and escaped the premises. Some damage was also caused to the home as the fire spread to the front of the building.
Police inquiries immediately got underway and two men - a 19-year-old and a 21-year-old both from Ipswich - were arrested yesterday afternoon on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
Both have now been bailed to return to Ipswich Police Station on June 29.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Nacton Road area in the early hours of Friday to come forward if you saw anything suspicious.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 9 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 10 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
If you have any information please call Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.