Ipswich: Two arrested after raid at retail park
IPSWICH: Two men have been arrested in connection with a raid in which thieves on a motorcycle stole a cash box from a security guard at an Ipswich retail park.
The suspects are on police bail today pending further inquiries following the theft which occurred outside The Range, on Suffolk Retail Park, in Handford Road.
The incident happened around 12.25pm on September 29.
The men were taken to Ipswich Police Station for questioning after being arrested in the town.
The 20-year-old and 22-year-old, both from Ipswich, were detained on suspicion of theft.
You may also want to watch:
The pair have been released on bail until December 10 when they must return to the police station.
The raid occurred shortly after the security guard had collected a cash box containing money from the store.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
As he was placing it into his van outside the premises two men on a motorbike approached him and demanded he hand over the box.
The guard gave them a box and the men then made their getaways separately.
At the time a spokeswoman from Suffolk police said the security guard was not injured in the incident, but was left shaken.
The man who grabbed the cash box ran off in the direction of Yarmouth Road.
He is described as black, around 5ft 10ins and wearing dark coloured clothing and a silver full-face crash helmet.
The other man rode off on the motorcycle towards Handford Road.
Police have not said how much - if any - cash was in the box handed over by the security guard, or whether it was subsequently recovered.
n If anyone has information which could help the inquiry they should telephone Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.