Ipswich: Two assaults linked by police
- Credit: Archant
An assault in Ipswich that left a man with wounds to his hands, lower back and head has been linked with another in which an object was hurled at a passer-by.
The 33-year-old victim of the later attack was seen in London Road at about 9.30pm yesterday with another man dressing his wounds. The men were seen walking towards Yarmouth Road.
The victim was later located and taken to hospital.
Police are linking the attack with one that occurred nearby earlier that evening.
A 46-year-old man injured his face after being hit by an object thrown from a group of men fighting in Benezet Street at about 6.30pm. The group ran off.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call DS Paul Cappleman from Ipswich on 101, quoting crime reference IC/14/589.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner