Ipswich: Two car fires are treated as suspicious
POLICE are treating two fires on the same town road as suspicious.
Two cars were set alight in Henniker Road overnight, sparking a joint fire and police investigation.
Firefighters were first called to the Ipswich road at 1.30am after receiving reports of a car ablaze.
On arrival they found that the car tyres had been set alight but that the flames had already been put out.
They were then called to Henniker Road again at 6.30am, where a car was found well alight.
You may also want to watch:
They tackled the fire using a water backpack and left the scene shortly after 6.40am.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo