Ipswich: Two days of road closures for Travel Ipswich work
- Credit: Archant
TWO days of road closures in the town centre will start on Monday as part of the Travel Ipswich improvement work.
Skanska, the company carrying out the work, will be closing parts of Civic Drive and Princes Street for service ducting works.
The construction work will involve excavating the existing carriageway and laying service ducting where Princes Street south joins the Civic Drive roundabout, northbound.
A large amount of noise is expected as the excavation works will be carried out using medium to heavy machinery to break up the carriageway.
Working hours for the construction will be from 7.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Traffic intending to travel northbound along Princes Street towards the Civic Drive roundabout, will be diverted along Portman Road. Diversion signs will be put in place to direct motorists.
Anyone with questions can contact the 24-hour Skanska Customer Service Team on 0800 066 5006.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking