Ipswich: Two further arrests in Chantry Park murder probe
TWO further people have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man in Chantry Park.
Christopher Thompson, 35 and formerly of London Road, Ipswich was found dead by a dog walker yesterday at around 6.50am.
Today a 33-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman, both of no fixed abode, were arrested in the town on suspicion of his murder.
They are currently at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where they will be quizzed by detectives.
Earlier today detectives were given an extra 12 hours to question a 42-year-old man, arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post mortem examination in Mr Thompson’s death was held last night and the preliminary cause of death has been given as strangulation and assault injuries.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing