Ipswich: Two injured in crash involving police car in Landseer Road
- Credit: Archant
Two people were treated for injuries after a police car en route to an incident was involved in a crash in Ipswich.
The marked police car was responding to a report of an alarm sounding and suspicious activity at a property in Raeburn Road when it was involved in a collision with a Citroen C4.
The male police officer driver and the male driver of the Citroen were both treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The police officer received whiplash injuries while the driver of the Citroen suffered a broken pelvis.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting gear to cut the roof off the Citroen to rescue the trapped occupant.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the incident happened at around 10pm yesterday on Landseer Road near to the Rivers Social Club.
Two crews from Ipswich East and two from Princes Street fire stations attended.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
Fire crews completed dealing with the incident by 11.15pm.
An investigation into the collision is taking place. Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.