Ipswich: Two new restaurants proposed for the town - Frankie and Benny’s and Chiquito’s
TWO new restaurants in Ravenswood have been recommended for approval despite some objections from those living nearby.
The applicant, The Restaurant Group, has proposed to build two new establishments, Frankie and Benny’s, and Chiquito’s, in Nacton Road, near the Ravenswood roundabout.
Planning officers have indicated it should be approved, and if given the green light by councillors next week, the aim is to open them by December.
However there have been some local objections to the plans.
Among the main concerns are; late night noise, proliferation of eating establishments in the area, unattractive design which will have a negative impact on the overall design and quality to the area, and the negative impact on the residential area of Ravenswood in terms of traffic, noise and appearance.
One person stated that it would be better suited on nearby Cranes site where the impact of additional traffic would be easier to absorb.
There were also some positive comments made about the proposals, including that the new businesses will provide much needed employment opportunities particularly to Ravenswood residents, and will attract out of area visitors and bring in revenue.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
The report states: “The buildings are proposed to be located along the Nacton Road edge of the site, facing the residential development at Ravenswood.
“The site of the proposed development is located at the edge of centre, within 300 metres of an existing District Centre and when tested sequentially is a suitable location for the proposed restaurant use, having regard to scale, impact and accessibility.
“It is recommended that planning permission be granted.”
Members of the Planning and Development Committee will make a decision on the application at next Wednesday’s meeting.