Ipswich update: E-fit of man wanted after axe-wielding robbers strike at Asda in Stoke Park Drive
IPSWICH: Police officers have issued an e-fit of a man they want to trace after two men brandishing axes attempted to rob three security guards at Asda in Ipswich’s Stoke Park Drive today.
Police were called just after 8am to the store to reports that two men had approached a Loomis ATM cash delivery driver, threatened him with a small axe and demanded the cash box.
The 34-year-old delivery driver sustained an injury to his arm and was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
He was delivering money to an ATM at the store when the ambush happened and the axe-wielding robber made a grab for the box.
A struggle ensued and the victim suffered a wound to his arm.
You may also want to watch:
After being treated at the hospital in Heath Road and receiving stitches, the victim was discharged.
The pair made off empty handed in an M registered grey/silver car with a large spoiler on the back.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
It is believed to be a silver Toyota Supra, index M558 EAH, which was stolen in Ipswich yesterday.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said it is possible the vehicle may be now displaying false or stolen number plates.
The first man is described as black, aged in his 20s, about 5ft 5ins to 5ft 6ins, of slim build. He was wearing dark coloured clothing, including a dark hooded top.
The second man, who was carrying the small axe, is described as Asian, in his mid to late 20s, about 5ft 9ins to 5ft 10ins, of slim build with a very slim face and stubble.
He was wearing a dark coloured hooded top, grey jogging bottoms with a dark stripe on the legs and dark coloured trainers.
Detective Sergeant Darren Bruce of Ipswich CID said, “This is a serious incident and I am keen to trace the offenders and bring them to justice.
“I ask anyone who was in the area of ASDA at the time and may have seen the offenders or the grey/silver car with the large spoiler to come forward if they have not already done so. “This robbery appeared highly organised, with the vehicle placed to enable the offenders to leave the scene quickly. The vehicle and/or the axe may now have been abandoned and I would appeal for anyone who has seen either of them to contact police without delay.”
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DS Darren Bruce at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.