Ipswich: Victim speaks out after vandals target 22 vehicles in 24 hours
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
MOTORISTS were left reeling after 22 vehicles were targeted by vandals in just 24 hours.
The vandals struck between 4pm on Sunday and 3pm the following day, with the tyres of 22 vehicles being slashed or punctured in seven Ipswich roads.
The majority of the incidents happened in a small section of north east Ipswich and a police spokesman said officers were linking them all as part of the same investigation.
Today, one of the victims on Kirby Street, who asked not to be named, spoke of his shock after discovering his car tyres had been slashed.
He said: “I woke up on Monday morning and went outside and I noticed that two of my tyres had been slashed. I then saw that my neighbours tyres had also been done and a van across the road too.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the first time anything like this has happened in this area as far as I know.
“It looks as though it is random cars and random roads that have been done. I know some cars at the other end of my road were also done. It is a nice, quiet area so I am shocked.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
The attacks happened in:
n Milton Street – Vauxhall Zafira, Ford Ka, Vauxhall Corsa, Seat Arosa
n Colchester Road – Toyota Avensis, VW Polo
n Kirby Street – Alfa Romeo, Toyota Verso, Vauxhall Vectra, Vauxhall Corsa, VW Transporter, Ford Ka, Ford Transit, Ford Focus
n Norman Crescent – BMW, Ford Transit
n Dumbarton Road – Ford Ka
n Brunswick Road – Mitsubishi, Mercedes Sprinter
n Renfrew Road – Vauxhall Zafira, Mazda, Hyundai Getz
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk police on 101.