Will this be the hottest October day for 40 years?
- Credit: ARCHANT
The weather in Suffolk and Essex is set to be one of the hottest October days for decades - and the forecast experts have explained why.
The summer weather is likely to be returning to part of East Anglia as temperatures soar into the mid-twenties.
Forecasters Weatherquest expect Suffolk and north Essex to reach up to 24C, which would be the warmest day for the counties on record since the 1970s.
That would make it the warmest October in East Anglia for 40 years.
Anyone looking forward to the weekend will be happy as Saturday is set to be almost as hot as today.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend could start with temperatures of 23C.
The reason for the warmer weather is that there is an area of high pressure to the east and one of low pressure to the west, with the region drawing a lot of warmth from the tropics of the Atlantic, dragging in warm air from southern climes.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
A Weatherquest spokesman said: “What you see out of your window is what you are going to get for the rest of today.
“There’s a potential for patches of mist and fog later on this evening and tonight, but nothing but clear skies in the daytime.”
Drivers are asked to stay aware of hazy weather appearing later today.
Send us your pictures of the hot weather and we’ll share the best ones! Always attach a credit for your photos.