Ipswich: Witnesses come forward in hunt for the tyre slasher
DETECTIVES are today following new lines of inquiry after members of the public answered the Star’s call for help to catch a mindless vandal who slashed the tyres of around 21 vehicles in one road.
The Star is offering a �500 reward for information about the incidents which will lead to the conviction of the yobs responsible.
Residents in Rosehill Road woke on Friday to find the tyres of their cars or vans slashed.
Twenty-one separate incidents of criminal damage have been reported to police overnight from 8pm on Thursday to 6am on Friday.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police told the Star: “A number of people have come forward with information but there have not been any arrests yet.”
She today renewed the force’s plea for witnesses and those with any information which may help officers track down those responsible, to get in contact.
Anyone with information should call Pc Simon Betts from Ipswich on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 9 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms