Ipswich: Woman arrested in probe into �46,000 petrol station thefts
IPSWICH: A woman is on police bail today after �30,000 was said to have been taken as a result of a burglary at a petrol station.
The alleged break-in is one of two to be reported at Shell garages in Ipswich over the past six months. However, the woman who is currently on bail has only been arrested for one of them.
The total amount of money to have been taken from the London Road and Wherstead Road stations is understood to be in the region of �46,000.
Police have confirmed they are currently investigating the thefts, and said they are linking the inquiries.
The most recent burglary was reported on Monday of this week.
You may also want to watch:
It was said to have occurred the previous day at the Shell garage in London Road, opposite Sainsbury’s petrol station.
Police were alerted by staff and believe the theft happened between 9pm and 11pm on Sunday.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
Although detectives have not released the amount of money involved it is understood to be �30,000.
Louise Rosher, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said a 28-year-old woman from Ipswich had been arrested by detectives.
The woman was taken into custody at Ipswich police station shortly after 2.30pm on Tuesday.
She was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
After being interviewed by officers the suspect was released on police bail.
The woman must now answer bail by going to Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters on July 21.
Sunday’s theft came almost six months after a burglary was reported at the Shell garage, at Bourne Bridge in Wherstead Road.
The incident is said to have occurred between 10pm on December 12, and 7am on December 13.
Again, the amount of money which was taken has not been released.
However, on this occasion it is understood that around �16,000 was stolen.