Ipswich: Woman arrested over Bell Close kidnap is released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to kidnap has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
The 23-year-old from Ipswich was arrested on Friday following an incident where a man in his 20s was kidnapped and burned at an address in the town.
She will return to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on April 5.
Police said a man suffered burns to his arms, chest and stomach on Monday when he was kidnapped at knifepoint, driven to a house and blindfolded.
The man who has been named locally as ‘John’, was parked in a silver Mercedes in Bell Close, Ipswich, at 3.15pm on Monday when two men got into the car and threatened him with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
He was forced into the back of a car and driven to a house where he was held captive for about three hours.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'