Ipswich: Woman charged with murder of street drinker
A WOMAN has today been charged with the murder of a street drinker in Ipswich.
Nicky Edwards, of St Clements Church Lane in Ipswich has been charged with the murder of Martin Edwards.
The 36-year-old is due appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Elm Street tomorrow.
A Suffolk police spokesman said she is not related to Mr Edwards.
Mr Edwards’ body was found at his flat in Pipers Court, Old Foundry Road, on Christmas Day, although it is alleged he was killed on Christmas Eve.
You may also want to watch:
Three men – Hugh Hegarty, 51, of Limerick Close, Ipswich, Christopher Page, 37, and Timothy Bailey, 28, both of no fixed address – have been charged with murder.
They have all denied the accusation and are due to stand trial for his murder at Ipswich Crown Court on September 12.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Hegarty, Page and Bailey are currently remanded in custody.
Results of a post mortem showed Mr Edwards, who was an alcoholic, died from multiple injuries.