Ipswich: Woman dies after collision.
A WOMAN has died after the motorbike she was riding collided with a fire engine.
Emergency services were called to the incident in West End Road in Ipswich ar around 6:15pm this evening, to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a motorcycle and a fire engine.
Police officers attended the incident along with the ambulance service, where a female rider had fallen from her bike and collided with the fire appliance.
The 37-year-old woman was conveyed to Ipswich Hospital, but she sadly died.
Officers remain on scene and the road is closed but diversions have been put in place.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to call PC Andrew Fossey at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police Headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club