Ipswich: Woman trapped in car after crash
A WOMAN is in hospital today after becoming trapped in a car after an accident.
The collision happened in Vernon Street near the junction with Bridge Street, near Stoke Bridge, at around 10am.
Firefighters freed the 20-year-old from her vehicle by 11.30am.
A spokeswoman for the East of England ambulance service said the casualty was complaining of neck pain.
She said the woman has been taken to Ipswich Hospital. Her condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today at around 8.50am a child was injured in a single-vehicle accident on the A137, White Horse Hill, near Tattingstone.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said they were called to reports the car had come off the road into a ditch.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 6 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
The ambulance spokeswoman said the child suffered minor injuries and did not need to be taken to hospital.
Around an hour later at 9.12am paramedics were called to an accident in Lanark Road, Ipswich, near to Rushmere Hall Primary School.
A 30-year-old woman was taken to Ipswich Hospital, her condition is not thought to be serious.
Firefighters were also called to a collision in Woolpit Road, Rattlesden, near Bury St Edmunds at 7.50am.
They received reports a woman was trapped.
Three crews, from Stowmarket, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds worked to release her by 8.24am.