Ipswich: Woman victim of early morning robbery
A WOMAN was knocked to the ground and robbed in Ipswich in the early hours of this morning.
Police are appealing for information about the incident, which took place in Chevallier Street at around 2.10am.
The victim was walking along Norwich Road, near to the YMCA, when she realised a man was following her.
The woman then crossed the road and as she did so the man knocked her to the ground, stealing her purse and phone before running off through the car park of Norwich Court.
The man is described as black, of athletic build, around 5ft 8ins, in his late twenties to early thirties.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark checked hooded top with the hood up, dark jogging bottoms and possibly a cap under his hood.
If anyone has information in relation to this incident they are asked to call Dc Hannah Martin at Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'