Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- Credit: Archant
Shards of glass were found in a paddling pool popular with families in Ipswich this morning, forcing it to shut for maintenance.
Ipswich Borough Council wrote on Facebook to announce the news about the Bourne Park pool, adding that the material was found during a regular inspection earlier today.
The pool is set to be drained and cleaned but will not be open this morning.
Council chiefs are yet to announce when it is due to re-open.
They wrote on Facebook: "During the regular inspection this morning, glass was found in and around the Bourne Park paddling pool.
"The pool is now being drained and cleaned, and will unfortunately not be open this morning.
"The team are doing their very best to get it up and running as soon as they can."
The paddling pool draws dozens of families to the park every summer.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave