More than 30 firefighters tackle bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
More than 30 firefighters are currently tackling blaze at a bungalow in Isleham, on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border.
Crews were called at around 5.40am today (Friday, July 3) and arrived to find a two-bedroom property on the B114, in Isleham, well alight.
Engines from both Suffolk and Cambridgeshire attended the scene, with three crews from Newmarket and one from Mildenhall helping tackle the blaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “More than 30 firefighters are currently at scene tackling the fire. This includes crews from Burwell, Cambridge and Ely, along with crews from Newmarket and Mildenhall in Suffolk.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well developed fire in a semi detached bungalow. The property was evacuated when crews arrived.
“A road closure is in place to allow crews to tackle the fire safely.”
A short time after getting there crews put out the fire, but they remained on scene in order to dampen down and investigate the cause.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 6 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 7 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 8 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 9 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
The wellbeing of the occupants is not known.