More than 30 firefighters tackle bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
More than 30 firefighters are currently tackling blaze at a bungalow in Isleham, on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border.
Crews were called at around 5.40am today (Friday, July 3) and arrived to find a two-bedroom property on the B114, in Isleham, well alight.
Engines from both Suffolk and Cambridgeshire attended the scene, with three crews from Newmarket and one from Mildenhall helping tackle the blaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “More than 30 firefighters are currently at scene tackling the fire. This includes crews from Burwell, Cambridge and Ely, along with crews from Newmarket and Mildenhall in Suffolk.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well developed fire in a semi detached bungalow. The property was evacuated when crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“A road closure is in place to allow crews to tackle the fire safely.”
A short time after getting there crews put out the fire, but they remained on scene in order to dampen down and investigate the cause.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
The wellbeing of the occupants is not known.