It could snow in Suffolk and Essex from 9pm tonight
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Suffolk and Essex could see sprinklings of snow tonight and tomorrow.
The Met Office have issued a yellow weather warning of wind for the east of England, which is valid from 9pm until 3pm the following day.
The warning reads: “A swathe of gale force north to northwesterly winds, accompanied by a band of rain and snow, will move south across much of central and southern Britain on Friday night and Saturday.
“Wind gusts of 50-60 mph are likely, with a lower likelihood of 60-70 mph gusts, perhaps most likely in exposed parts of east coastal England.
“In any one area, the strongest winds will last for only a few hours, clearing last from southeastern areas of England.”
It adds that snow may settle, on higher ground, but there are warnings that there may be “temporary settling snow” at low levels.
The worst affected areas may see a few centimetres of snow but on current evidence, most places will see little if any lying snow.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
There is also a warning that on Saturday morning, ice will be an additional hazard.