Keith Chegwin dies aged 60
- Credit: PA
Popular TV presenter Keith Chegwin, who appeared on The Big Breakfast, GMTV, It’s A Knockout and Cheggers Plays Pop, has died at the age of 60.
The TV presenter and actor had a “long-term battle with a progressive lung condition” according to his family.
In a statement, Chegwin’s family said: “We are heartbroken to share the news that Keith Chegwin sadly passed away following a long-term battle with a progressive lung condition, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which rapidly worsened towards the end of this year.
“Keith died peacefully at home shortly after midnight on the 11th of December.
“His wife Maria, his daughter Rose and his son Ted were by his side.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank Severn Hospice for the kindness, support and care they have shown us all over the last few weeks.
“Keith was a loving husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
“We would respectfully ask to be left to mourn his passing in private.”
Among other programmes Mr Chegwin appeared in were Extras, Celebrity Masterchef, Celebrity Big Brother, Naked Jungle, Multi-Coloured Swap Shop and Saturday Superstore.