Ixworth army cadet to travel to South Africa in final of Duke of Westminster Award
- Credit: Archant
An army cadet from Ixworth has been selected as a finalist in the CVQO Duke of Westminster Award, which will see him travel to South Africa.
Jack Larder, 16, will take a two-week trip to the country in July and get involved with local community projects.
The youngster will also enjoy a lunch at the House of Lords on Thursday, June 21.
Sgt John Tillotson, county press officer, said: “This is quite unique for us at Ixworth as this is the second year running we have had a finalist in this competition.
“He has been selected out of thousands of kids who initially applied. CVQO got the numbers down to 40, then he went on a week-long selection exercise in Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
“Jack has achieved a lot, he is also taking part in the final stage of Lord Dannett’s round Britain challenge, which is quite impressive.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'