Izzy the Princess Dragon, who is seven foot long and from Stonham Barns, needs a new home. Can you help?
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Can you find this dragon a new home?
Standing at seven feet tall and seven feet long, it is an impressive sight for families and children.
But now after being a fixture at the Wigglewood Castle Sweet Shop in Stonham Barns’ Gift Barn, near Stowmarket, for three years, Izzy the Princess Dragon is to retire.
The pink and purple coloured animal is probably too big for the average child’s bedroom but could work as a fancy prop for a show.
Shop proprietor Marcie Ray said: “She has become a huge attraction for both children and adults.
“Sitting by the front entrance to the shop, children pull their parents to come see the pink dragon and over the years she has collected several hundred pounds for various charities, including Children in Need, Suffolk Owl Sanctuary as well as for the UK flood victims in spring this year.
“I will be sorry to see her go but I am moving on.”
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Over the years she has discussed the dragon’s construction with stage set designers and craft technicians but now she needs a permanent home.
Prospective owners need not worry about Izzy’s fire-breathing capabilities. As she is such a hit with children it would seem that those days are long over.
However she would prefer not to divulge her weight but it is thought a suitably spacey van is all that would be required to transport her safely to her new home.
Anyone who has enough room for Izzy and can put her to good use should email firstname.lastname@example.org