Jail for driver who leapt out of moving car during police chase in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who jumped out of his car while it was still moving during a police car chase in Suffolk has been jailed for ten months.
Police officers went to the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Barrow on July 23 after receiving reports that a car had been set on fire, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The officers discovered an abandoned, burnt-out Peugeot 306 and approached a car driven by 22-year-old Dean Mianty, which had stopped further along the road.
He drove away after an officer asked him to switch off the engine and police followed the car into Kentford where Mianty jumped out of the vehicle while it was still moving, said Christopher Kerr, prosecuting.
During the chase Mianty drove over a “Give Way” junction without stopping and drove at 85mph on the A14.
You may also want to watch:
He took a slip road to Kentford and drove through the village at 65mph and was seen swerving from left to right.
Mianty, 22, of Crescent Way, Croydon admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for ten months and banned from driving for 17 months.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies