Jail for driver who leapt out of moving car during police chase in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who jumped out of his car while it was still moving during a police car chase in Suffolk has been jailed for ten months.
Police officers went to the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Barrow on July 23 after receiving reports that a car had been set on fire, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The officers discovered an abandoned, burnt-out Peugeot 306 and approached a car driven by 22-year-old Dean Mianty, which had stopped further along the road.
He drove away after an officer asked him to switch off the engine and police followed the car into Kentford where Mianty jumped out of the vehicle while it was still moving, said Christopher Kerr, prosecuting.
During the chase Mianty drove over a “Give Way” junction without stopping and drove at 85mph on the A14.
You may also want to watch:
He took a slip road to Kentford and drove through the village at 65mph and was seen swerving from left to right.
Mianty, 22, of Crescent Way, Croydon admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for ten months and banned from driving for 17 months.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers