Jail for drug dealer arrested on Essex University campus
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A London man who admitted trying to sell drugs on the University of Essex campus in Wivenhoe has been jailed.
Kieran Smallin, 22, was arrested just before 9am on February 9 by Essex Police officers working as part of Operation Saturn – a team set up to tackle drug dealing and gang-related violence in north Essex.
Smallin, of Hornsey Road, was charged with counts of possession with intent to supply cannabis and amphetamine.
He appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court today where he was jailed for 18 months after admitting the offences at an earlier hearing.
Chief Superintendent Ewen Wilson said: “Since May 2014, more than 100 warrants have been executed across the north of Essex and well in excess of 200 people arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“We are determined to root out those responsible for selling drugs on our streets and to stop them from targeting vulnerable people.
“The on-going success of Op Saturn has demonstrated our commitment to taking out these criminal gangs.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
“Information from the public is also vitally important and anyone with information about drug dealing is asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”