Jail for Essex man after nightclub attack
An Essex man who was part of a group which tried to rob a man of a bag as he left a Colchester nightclub has been given a suspended prison sentence.
James Redman and two other men approached the victim and his two friends as they left a nightclub in October 2016 and asked them if they had any alcohol or any drugs, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
One of Redman’s group then noticed the victim had a “man bag” and all three had set upon him, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
As a result of the attack the victim suffered a cut to his eye and swelling to his face and ear.
James Redman, 20, of The Croft, Earls Colne, admitted attempted robbery on October 2, 2016, and was given a 21-month prison sentence suspended for two years.
You may also want to watch:
He was also ordered to do 200 hours’ unpaid work.
He was also made the subject of a restraining order banning him from contacting the victim of the attempted robbery for three years.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe