Jail for former Colchester man who downloaded indecent child images
- Credit: Archant
A former Colchester father-of-two who downloaded indecent images of children has been jailed for 26 months.
Police officers acting on information relating to internet use where Hugh Gardiner worked went to his home in Colchester on January 29 with a search warrant, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When they arrived Gardiner was seen hiding a laptop under a duvet cover on his bed, said Mark Roochove, prosecuting.
The laptop was seized and was found to contain 40 images and a movie in the most serious level A category, 34 level B images and 93 level C images.
Gardiner, 36, of Dereham Road, Mattishall, Dereham, admitted making and distributing indecent images of children.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to being jailed he was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for ten years. He was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for a similar period.
Nicholas Wayne, for Gardiner, said his client had no previous convictions and there were a relatively small number of images involved.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
He said Gardiner had sought help for issues which led to his offending.