A man who made indecent pictures of children is among those jailed this week
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at the East Anglia criminals put behind bars this week.
A pub landlord who smashed a pint glass on a customer was jailed for one year and seven months.
Simon Clarke, 54, of Albion Street, Saxmundham, attacked his victim without any provocation at the former Cooper’s Dip pub in Saxmundham.
The 30-year-old was left with lacerations to his head - Clarke now faces 19 months behind bars and was ordered to pay £750 in compensation and £1,000 in costs.
A Clacton man who engaged in sexual activity with a 13-year-old was jailed for five years.
Jason Cowie, 45, of Oxford Crescent, was found guilty of five counts of making indecent photographs of children, one count of distributing similar images and sexual activity with no penetration.
He was also placed on the sex offenders register for life and given a 10 year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
A Colchester man who broke into a woman’s house and sexually assaulted her was jailed for three-and-a-half years.
You may also want to watch:
The mother who was in bed with her young daughter woke to find Charlie Bowyer, 25, on top of her naked.
When she screamed and tried to get away he pinned her down by her wrist and shoulder. Bowyer had taken more cocaine than he had ever used before and was completely shocked and ashamed of what he had done to his victim. When police arrested him they found him with a hose around his neck and told the officers ‘Kill me. Kill me.’
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window