New job for Suffolk MP James Cartlidge as aide to Jeremy Hunt at FCO
- Credit: Archant
South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge has been appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The role of the PPS is often seen as the first step on the ministerial ladder and Mr Cartlidge, who has been MP for the constituency since 2015, said he was delighted at the appointment.
He said: “I am honoured to have been appointed to the role of PPS to the Foreign Secretary.
“The Foreign and Commonwealth Office remains one of the great institutions of state and the most important department in matters relating to our relations with the rest of the world.
“Of course, this is a very important time in UK foreign policy with a range of challenges facing the Government. I look forward to assisting Jeremy Hunt in the months ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
The role of a PPS is to act as the “eyes and ears” of the minister liaising with MPs in the House of Commons.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 7 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan