Man found with indecent child images on computer equipment is handed suspended sentence
- Credit: Archant
A Lakenheath man who had more than 150 indecent pictures and movies of children on his computer equipment has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today was James Matthews, 58, of Wings Road, who admitted three offences of making an indecent photograph/pseudo photograph of a child, one charge of possessing extreme pornography and one of possessing a prohibited image of a child.
The court heard that devices, belonging to Matthews, including a USB stick, a laptop and a mobile phone were seized and examined after a search warrant was executed at his home in January.
The devices were found to contain, on a scale of A to C with level A being the most serious, 69 category A images and movies, 38 category B images and movies and 44 category C images and movies.
He was given an eight month prison sentence suspended for two years and ordered to do 100 hours unpaid work.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a 35 day rehabilitation activity requirement and made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for five years.
He was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for ten years.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week