Flat flooded due to faulty sprinkler
- Credit: Archant
A faulty sprinkler caused a home to flood, with firefighters trying to divert water from the building to protect the property.
Fire crews were called to the ground floor flat in James School Place, off Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds at around 7.20am on December 5, following reports of a leak in the building.
One fire engine from Bury St Edmunds arrived at the scene to discover the source of the flood was a faulty sprinkler in the flat.
To minimise damage to the building, firefighters used a hard cover to stop the water entering the flat and diverted it from the building.
The crew managed to turn off the faulty sprinkler and left the scene just after 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The extent of the damage to the flat is not known.
It is not thought that there is any damage to other flats in the building.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down