Jamie breaks hip and spine
KING'S Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's 49-40 National League defeat at Mildenhall.Smith broke his hip and spine in a heat three smash at West Row.
KING'S Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's 49-40 National League defeat at Mildenhall.
Smith broke his hip and spine in a heat three smash at West Row. The in-form rider is currently in a Cambridge hospital undergoing further tests.
Aussie teenager Darcy Ward moves into the number on race jacket for the Stars' Premier League clash against Sheffield at the Norfolk Arena tomorrow.
The World U21 semi finalist's blistering early season form sees skipper Tomas Topinka switch to number five for the Tigers' visit.
“Tomas now gets three rides paired with a reserve,” said team boss Rob Lyon. “That works out well for us because he is the master of team riding and will help them secure extra points whenever he can, it does now of course mean our two newest riders, Darcy and Linus (Eklof) will ride as a pair which should be exciting to watch.”
Lyon also confirmed Kozza Smith is still a doubt after sitting out the club's Premier League win against Redcar.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 6 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 7 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
Smith damaged his hip in an Elite League televised meeting for Ipswich early last week. Darren Mallett is again on standby to deputise.