Much-loved Suffolk fashionista retires at 80
- Credit: JOHN NICE
A much-loved Suffolk fashionista has closed the fitting room door on her career after retiring on her 80th birthday.
Jane Peers had worked at ANNA in Bury St Edmunds since it opened it 2001, watching the company grow into a nationwide business - with stores in Norfolk, Essex, Suffolk and London.
A friend of owner Anna Park since Mrs Park was a baby, Mrs Peers' career highlights included attending the London Fashion Week and serving supermodel Claudia Schiffer.
Leaving the business, Mrs Peers said: "It will be odd (not working).
"There have been a few tears - But, I have a great social life and I will be looking to travel and exercise more.
You may also want to watch:
"I'll keep be popping into the shop as I'm still very close to the staff. I'll be leaving on a high - and I hope to come back and occasionally help out - so I'm sure it won't be a goodbye forever."
Mrs Park added: "She has been a great friend to me over the years and although she is retiring, like Jane says, this isn't goodbye. I consider her like a member of my family."
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich