McLaren sports car driver accused of travelling at 120mph on Suffolk road
A sports car driver has been accused of travelling at speeds of 120mph on a Suffolk road.
Jason Dixon is charged with driving a McLaren 720 supercar at 120mph along the A14 on January 12 this year.
The 47-year-old, of Crown Street, Bury St Edmunds, has denied the offence and will stand trial in September.
On Friday, Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard Dixon was accused of driving at a constant speed of 120mph for 0.2 miles of the 70mph road at Rougham.
Prosecutor Alex Morrison said the offence is alleged to have happened at about 3.45pm on the eastbound carriageway - recorded by means of a "follow check" by a police officer in an unmarked vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Dixon was not present at court, where a letter was read to magistrates indicating his not guilty plea and requesting a case management hearing to proceed in his absence.
A trial is scheduled to take place at the same court on the afternoon of September 23.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'