Motorist with ‘cocktail of drugs’ in system is banned from driving for 16 months
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 20-year-old man has been banned from the road for 16 months after driving with a ‘cocktail of drugs’ in his system.
Jay Sneddon, of Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates Court, in Ipswich, on Friday October 25.
He pleaded guilty to three counts of drug driving on March 17, when he was caught driving with derivatives of cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy in his blood in Nacton Road, Ipswich.
Prosecuting, Lesla Small said he was stopped in a car park after police received some information regarding his vehicle.
Sneddon, representing himself in court, said he had taken the drugs the night before, saying he didn't think he was still under the influence.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates banned Sneddon from driving for 16 months and fined him £400.
He was also made to pay court costs of £105 and a £40 victim surcharge.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England