Jaywick: Home burgled but thieves leave with only £25 in cash
Burglars made off with just £25 after breaking into a home in Jaywick.
A property in Garden Road, Jaywick, was broken into between 10pm on Thursday and 6am the following morning.
Officers believe thieves got in through an open window before unlocking a side door.
DC Roger Henderson said: “We would like to hear from anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the Garden Road area or nearby between the relevant times. I would also like to remind residents that it is always worth going round last thing at night to check that all your windows and doors are secure and if you have any doubt in your mind as to whether you have locked a door or window to go back and make sure.
“Thieves will always look to target homes that are insecure and three in 10 burglaries occur at homes that had left windows or doors open. Remember thieves only need to get lucky once to get into your home.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the break-in call Clacton police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published