Jaywick: Two men rescued as 18ft yacht is destroyed on rocks
- Credit: Archant © 2009
An 18ft yacht has been destroyed after running aground along the Essex coast.
A faint mayday distress call was picked up the sailing barge Will from the yacht Emmett, which has two people on board, just after 10.30pm last night.
The skipper of the barge relayed questions to the crew on the yacht until the vessel’s location was confirmed.
Thames Coastguard sent out the RAF Rescue helicopter from Wattisham and RNLI all weather lifeboat and found the yacht on the rocks at Jaywick.
The two men on board were rescued from the yacht on the inflatable Y boat before being transferred to the all weather lifeboat while the rescue helicopter lit up the area.
You may also want to watch:
Neither of the pair required medical attention and were taken back to Walton by the lifeboat.
Clacton Coastguard rescue team ensured the yacht was secured and that the men’s personal possessions were recovered.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
The drama was dealt with by just after midnight.