Jaywick: Vandalism spree costs thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
A MAN went on a vandalism spree in north Essex at the weekend, causing thousands of pounds’ worth of damage to vehicles.
The acts of criminal damage were committed at 1.30am on Saturday, April 13 when a white man walked along Meadow Way in Jaywick, smashing the windows or windscreens of six parked vehicles with what police believe to be a hammer.
Investigating Officer, Pc Luke Baldwin, said: “At this stage, we don’t know whether this was alcohol-fuelled vandalism or down to some other motive. Either way, this man has caused almost £12,000 worth of damage to these vehicles and caused a lot of grief and upheaval for their owners.
“We want him identified quickly, so that we can arrest him and find out his motive behind such criminality.”
Cars that had windows smashed include a Ford Mondeo, a Ford KA, a Fiat Punto, a Land Rover Freelander and a Hyundai Amica.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact investigating officers at Clacton police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said