Jealous Colchester bodyguard who fitted tracking devices to his ex-girlfriend’s car jailed for four years

Anthony Webb outside Ipswich Crown Court. Picture: ARCHANT

Anthony Webb outside Ipswich Crown Court. Picture: ARCHANT - Credit: Archant

A jilted Colchester bodyguard who stalked his ex-partner and posted intimate photographs of her on a swinger’s website has been jailed for four years.

Father-of-two Anthony Webb, of Holliland Croft in Great Tey, was sentenced for a sustained “campaign of harassment” which saw him fit tracking devices to his ex-girlfriend Denise Bolt’s car at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday.

The 44-year-old had denied two charges of stalking and another of possessing a stun gun disguised as a mobile phone but was convicted of all three by a jury earlier this year.

The court heard Webb met Ms Bolt in 2009 when her marriage was breaking down.

The couple moved in together in 2011 – but their relationship deteriorated and Ms Bolt contacted him on New Year’s Day 2015 to tell him it was over.

During Webb’s trial Ipswich Crown Court heard that around two weeks after their break-up he sent Ms Bolt a message stating: “I hope history isn’t repeating itself.

“You know I would hospitalise anyone sniffing around you.”

Most Read

The close protection officer, who was working for high profile clients when he met Ms Bolt, also recreated a dormant FabSwingers account the pair set up in 2011 and posted intimate photographs of his ex-girlfriend online.

Over the next few months he fitted tracker devices to Ms Bolt’s car along with a vehicle belonging to a colleague she had become close to, Timothy Morrfew, and looked through her bank account.

While Ms Bolt was away a burglary took place at their shared home in Colchester so Webb installed three cameras which he could access with his phone – and took around 120 pictures of her over three days.

Lucy Ginsberg, defending, said Webb worked as a security guard at Colchester General Hospital for a number of years and had helped to prevent suicides there.

She told the court that the stun gun was found in a cupboard after Webb was charged with the stalking offences.

Ms Ginsberg claimed he had no intention of using it as it had no battery and he did not have a charger to go with it.

Sentencing him today, Judge John Devaux said Webb had carried out a “campaign of harassment” and gave him a total of four years in prison.

He was also given a restraining order which will last for five years – during which time he must not contact Ms Bolt or her family.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter