Charity football match planned for mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- Credit: Jack Walden
A charity football match is planned to support the family of an Ipswich mum who tragically died less than 48 hours after giving birth.
Jessica Walden, of Bramford, died shortly after giving birth to her second daughter Orla on Friday, May 7 at Ipswich Hospital.
In her memory Foxhall United will play Brickmakers Arms at Framlingham Town Football Club on Sunday June 6 with all the proceeds going to support her husband Jack Walden and her two daughters.
Organisers at Foxhall United said the club "just wanted to do our bit for Jess".
This is not the first event that has been arranged in Mrs Walden's memory.
You may also want to watch:
A walk from the Body Shop store in Ipswich to Bramford Village Green on June 21 has been planned by Mrs Walden's colleagues and friends.
And JustGiving page has already raised more than £50,000 to support her family.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested