Jockey Frankie Dettori is on the move from Newmarket home
- Credit: Archant
Racing legend sells his Newmarket home.
Former champion jockey Frankie Dettori is on the move - but he is still staying in the area.
Frankie and his wife Catherine and their children are having a new home built nearby, which is still in easy reach of the Suffolk headquarters of racing.
Their luxury home, White Horse Stables just outside Newmarket, has been on the market for £2.15million with the Suffolk office of agents Carter Jonas.
It has now been sold.
You may also want to watch:
Italian-born Frankie has been champion jockey three times and has become one of the best-known, and best-loved of jockeys, during his career in this country.
He has ridden more than 500 Group winners and three times been Champion Jockey.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 9 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
In 1996 he famously rode all seven winners at British Champions Day at Ascot.
He still races all around the world, and he even appeared on the television programme Celebrity Big Brother.
White Horse Stables is a stunning country house, just a few minutes drive from the Newmarket race courses.
The family home is in a delightful setting, and has an excellent range of equestrian facilities - as you would expect - and is set in about 15.4 acres of land.
It is surrounded by beautiful countryside.
The house, set in landscaped gardens, has five reception rooms, a stunning Aga kitchen/family room, a master bedroom which is en suite with a dressing room, and four further bedrooms and three more bath/shower rooms.
There is an integral gym complex with a swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam room.
There is also a detatched cottage with two/three bedrooms, and garaging with a cart lodge and guest accommodation above.
Outside there are landscaped gardens which have entertaining areas and fine countryside views
There is a stable yard with stables and a floodlit manege, post and rail paddocks and a helipad.
It is just three miles into the centre of Newmarket.