Joe Wicks staying at ‘incredible’ Suffolk barn
Fitness star Joe Wicks, who received an MBE for his efforts during the first Covid-19 lockdown, has revealed via social media that he is currently staying in Suffolk.
Posting on Instagram, the 35-year-old trainer, also known as The Body Coach, said he is spending a few nights at the Wilderness Reserve in Sibton, near Saxmundham.
Wicks was honoured in the Queen’s birthday honours list, having raised £580,000 for the NHS by hosting online workouts throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
He started his online PE lessons on his YouTube channel for children in March after schools across the UK were closed. The weekly PE lessons came to an end on July 22.
The post read: “I’m staying at this incredible barn in Suffolk for a few nights filming workouts. It’s spectacular. If you love interior design and barn conversions, you will love it.”
Later, he posted: “This place is incredible. Wait until you see inside @wildernessreserve”
MORE: Joe Wicks’ PE classes see Suffolk children jumping with joy during crisisThe Wilderness Reserve is a collection of exclusive use country houses, luxury farmhouses and holiday cottages to rent on a 5,000-acre private estate.
Speaking following the award of his MBE, he said: “I’m so proud that I’ve done something which helps so many people.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
“To all the children, the parents, the dinner ladies, the school teachers, everybody who took part in any one of my workouts, thank you for being there.”