John Clarke, 75, found after being reported missing from his Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
A 75-year-old man reported missing from his north Suffolk home has been found safe and well in Norfolk after a police search was launched earlier on Sunday.
John Clarke had been last seen leaving his home in Bobby Hill, Wattisfield, near Diss, at around 9.30am on Sunday morning.
Police issued a statement saying he had been found safe and well at about 5.30pm on Sunday afternoon.
Police had said he left the house on foot heading in the direction of the A143 and Wattisfield village but no one had seen him for some time after that – prompting the appeal for information from the police.
A spokesman for the police said that Mr Clarke had been found by a police officer in Norfolk and he was apparently safe and well.
They thanked the public for their help in keeping an eye out for Mr Clarke after their earlier appeal for information about his whereabouts.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 10 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington