John Raines denies weapons charges and alleged disturbance at Lavenham pub
A Suffolk man has denied causing a disturbance and possessing offensive weapons at a Lavenham pub.
John Raines appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court, in Ipswich, on Monday.
Raines was charged with common assault, affray, possession of a baton and possession of a Taser.
The 52-year-old, gave his address as Langham Road, Boxted, before entering not guilty pleas to all four of the charges, which were brought following an alleged incident at the Angel Hotel, in Market Place, in the early hours of Monday, January 8.
Suffolk police received reports than a man entered the pub in the early hours with prohibited and offensive weapons.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor David Bryant invited magistrates to decline jurisdiction and send the matter to the crown court.
Solicitor Joanna Kasprzyk made no representations and Raines was granted unconditional bail until a pre-trial preparation hearing on August 28.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners