83-year-old who died in crash at car park named by police
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Man who died in a crash at a Bury St Edmunds car park has been named.
Subject to confirmation at formal inquest proceedings, police have identified 83-year-old John Riddick, of Bury St Edmunds, as the person who died in the accident at the Buttermarket open air car park.
Police were called on Monday, September 7 at around 11.30am to reports of a collision involving a pedestrian and a white-coloured Renault Zoe car.
The pedestrian sustained serious head injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
He died at West Suffolk Hospital on Thursday, September 10.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, either by emailing SCIU@suffolk.pnn.police.uk or calling 101, and quoting reference 52321/20.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week