‘John’s death has left a hole in our hearts’ - family of Leiston’s John Proctor
- Credit: Archant
Family of a Suffolk man allegedly murdered by his niece today said his death had left “a hole in our hearts” that could never be filled.
Eighty-year-old John Proctor, of Grimsey Road, Leiston, was found dead at his home on June 15.
A post mortem concluded that he had died from compression of the neck.
A tribute issued on behalf of his family today said: “John Proctor, also known as JP, moved to Leiston as a toddler to live with Mrs E Larter. He was a much loved uncle and had been a constant presence in our lives.
“We remember fondly all the Christmases and family events we spent together and he made it special with his quirky mannerisms.
“The word ‘elderly’ certainly didn’t apply to JP and we used to joke that he would outlive us all.
“He was a very independent person and took much pride in looking after his home and garden.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 9 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
“Uncle John was well known for saying what he thought, often putting his foot in it.
“JP was born on Halloween and he loved dressing up. He would spend a fortune on sweets for the local children. He was the life and soul of the party.
“Uncle will be missed by us all leaving a hole in our hearts that can never be filled.”
His niece Susan Warne, 41, of Valley Road, Leiston, has been charged with his murder. She is remanded in custody.