‘John’s death has left a hole in our hearts’ - family of Leiston’s John Proctor
- Credit: Archant
Family of a Suffolk man allegedly murdered by his niece today said his death had left “a hole in our hearts” that could never be filled.
Eighty-year-old John Proctor, of Grimsey Road, Leiston, was found dead at his home on June 15.
A post mortem concluded that he had died from compression of the neck.
A tribute issued on behalf of his family today said: “John Proctor, also known as JP, moved to Leiston as a toddler to live with Mrs E Larter. He was a much loved uncle and had been a constant presence in our lives.
“We remember fondly all the Christmases and family events we spent together and he made it special with his quirky mannerisms.
You may also want to watch:
“The word ‘elderly’ certainly didn’t apply to JP and we used to joke that he would outlive us all.
“He was a very independent person and took much pride in looking after his home and garden.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
“Uncle John was well known for saying what he thought, often putting his foot in it.
“JP was born on Halloween and he loved dressing up. He would spend a fortune on sweets for the local children. He was the life and soul of the party.
“Uncle will be missed by us all leaving a hole in our hearts that can never be filled.”
His niece Susan Warne, 41, of Valley Road, Leiston, has been charged with his murder. She is remanded in custody.